The Courage to Heal: A Guide for Women Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse - Ellen Bass and Laura Davis
Based on the experiences of hundreds of child abuse survivors, The Courage to Heal profiles victims who share the challenges and triumphs of their personal healing processes. Inspiring and comprehensive, it offers mental, emotional and physical support to all people who are in the process of rebuilding their lives. The Courage to Heal offers hope, encouragement and practical advice to every woman who was sexually abused as a child and answers some vital questions, including:
- How do I know if I was sexually abused?
- Where does the decision to heal start?
- How can I break the silence and who will listen?
- How can I re-build my self-esteem, intimacy and capacity to love?
- What therapy, support groups, self-help programmes or organisations are available?